Sunday, September 30, 2012

Huh?

To my readers here if there are any, I also have a youtube page that has a mix of music.  http://www.youtube.com/user/happynutcase1966?feature=guide

     This is music that has spoken to me at different times in my life. when I was alone at 14 living in the streets, barns, and where ever I could lay my head music kept me sane, songs like " it's a long way to the top if ya want to Rock and roll" by AC/DC, fueled my desire, kept me from just giving up. Has a song ever really change your life? I know many have in my life, as they still do. I am no music expert but I have a very wide and open mind and almost perfect pitch so any type of music that sounds good I will listen to. To me for a song to sound good the more simple the production of the music, with more interest paid to the lyrics and arrangement usually makes for better songs. Take this guy named Seasick Steve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vSZFEWHlo  he is playing a broom stick with 2 strings on it and it sounds great. but i also like big productions with large bands but the music must have heart regardless of the type. I listen to everything and I mean everything from Chet Atkins to Slash, from B.B.King to Ozzy, Bach, etc.etc. In my personal collection I have around 1000 albums/Cd's and at least that many more stored on external hard drives Guess you could say I'm a music and Photo nerd now. I express myself in my pictures and writings  and soak in good music I guess to replenish my soul.
        In college I learned many things the 4 years I was at that 2 year school, yea that's right 4 years I double-majored in General education and Mechanical engineering, graduated with an associates in general education and an Auto-cad certification. I had to stop my eduction goals for a bit due to heath reasons but as I was there I really took an interest in psychology, and how it was instrumental in history, the links in music and how people acted when this or that music was played. A few modern examples would be the Dixie Chicks, Toby Keith, Kanya West, I could go on but this is just a small sample of how music can stir emotions but my question I guess is how much. We saw the uproar of the Elvis's girations being blocked out on Ed Sulavan and the Beatles causing such a onslaught of teen girls that police were over come by the mass girl power. Im sure some sex appeal was involved in these cases but without the music no one would have ever know who the hell any of them were.
      Music has turned into a business of greed much like the professional sports of football, baseball,and basket ball. The fans are over charged for tour tickets while the multi- million dollar proformer/athlete crys about royaltys for downloded songs or bigger and bigger contracts. to this i say REALLY WHAT THE.....


No comments:

Post a Comment